Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Success is determined by those whom prove the impossible, possible."


I've been told many times that college is the best four years of my life and I should cherish it while I can. The time is nearing for my four years to come to an end. August 2006 seemed like just yesterday when I stepped on the campus of FAMU. Ambitious, naive, willing to take on whatever task was presented to me was my attitude when I started experiencing my first semester of college course work. Surprisingly, I was able to stay focused among the many distractions that come along with living on campus of a HBCU.


Nevertheless, I will never forget my freshman year experience. It was something that I will tell my children about. I met people that I will never forget and even fostered a life-long friendship with my very first roommate. As the course work started to pick up and I chose my major as public relations, I realized that I will have to soon leave FAMU and that it is time for me to start thinking about life off of 'the Hill.' Of course, there is always graduate school.


I have pondered over the decision of graduate school for months and have come to the conclusion that I want to enter the workforce after graduation. I want to get a feel of what it is like to work for a PR department or either a full-service PR agency. Of course, this does not happen overnight so that is why I am fully prepared for the work ahead of me. Aside from keeping up with the work in my PR courses, I will be searching for jobs in the PR market in Tampa, Fla., and Atlanta, Ga. My ultimate dream is to do public relations work for tourist resorts in the Dominican Republic.


Some say when you take a break from school you will never go back. That statement is 100% opinion. With the ambition and drive that I have I will seek further education. My plan is to enroll in graduate school in the fall of 2011 to get my MBA in Marketing.


With that being said, I am fully PRepared for the work ahead of me as I start the next journey in my life. Farewell FAMU.

1 comment:

  1. I went to work in public relations right after I got my B.A. degree, returning two years later to pursue an M.A. in mass communication (graphic design). Those two years in between helped me identify what type of work I really enjoyed doing ... and what I didn't. Also, I felt as if I matured in those two years. So I got more out of my graduate studies once I went back to campus. I hope you have the same experience.

    ReplyDelete